Are your appreciated assets, such as stock or bonds producing little or no income? Do you own a second home that has become burdensome?
A gift to a charitable remainder unitrust may be the solution to avoid capital gains tax.
Benefits of a Flip unitrust
- Receive income from the unitrust for the rest of your life and future retirement
- Obtain an income tax deduction that may reduce your tax bill this year
- Further the work of Boston University with your gift
How a Flip unitrust works
- You establish a charitable remainder unitrust with appreciated real estate.
- The property is then sold and the sale's proceeds are reinvested.
- The trust will provide you with income for the rest of your life.
- You receive a charitable deduction this year to offset your tax on the cash proceeds that you receive from the sale.
If you have any questions about a flip unitrust, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.